We also specialize in providing training and consultation to other professionals who are working in fields related to the above clinical issues.
About the Practice
A few things to know about our staff:
A few things to know about the practice:
- Our staff take a relational, collaborative approach with clients. We believe clients are the experts of their own lives, they have the ability within them to help them reach wellness, and that they deserve to make truly informed decisions about their care.
- We have a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, who has worked in a variety of settings, such as community mental health, inpatient, prisons, colleges, and military/veteran facilities and worked at the local, state, and federal levels. These roles allow her to understand mental health through a complex relationship of medical, biological, social, cultural, psychological, and legal systems and to value integrative care. She is also a Certified Sex Offender Treatment Provider. Additionally, she has completed an accredited, educational certificate program in Sex Therapy, which is psychological therapy focused on talking through problems with sex and intimacy that individuals or couples are facing. She is working towards her AASECT certification - AASECT is the national accrediting body for sex therapists.
- At times we have Master's levels interns working under supervision are often working at the practice and may be involved in group care, or if patients agree to seeing an intern, individual care.
- To meet the needs of individual clients, our therapists are trained and have experience in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Prolonged Exposure, Dialetical Behavioral Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, and Sex Therapy. While typically not a focus for us, we also have experience in Behavioral Therapy, Play Therapy, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
- We are an in-person and telehealth practice. For telehealth, we utilize Doxy, which is a secure platform specifically designed for telehealth and that is free for clients to use. There are advantages to telehealth, such as accessibility, but also disadvantages, such as the possibility of hacking or sessions becoming disconnected if you have poor internet connection.
- We do not accept insurance. This is for many reasons. Some of these reasons include use of insurance 1) can compromise your confidentiality, 2) requires a diagnosis which can lead to pathologizing patients and a permanent association of those diagnoses in a patient's medical records that can affect later employment or health care, 3) can lead to higher premiums and/or out-of-pocket costs because some treatment needs such as attachment or life-transition issues and modalities like telehealth may not be covered, 4) can lead to insurance employees who may not be licensed providers determining if your treatment plan is coverable, and 5) requires providers spend a lot of time working on billing and reimbursement that can exhaust, burn-out, or otherwise distract a provider from focusing on your care.
- We are a LGBTQ+, polyamory, and kink-friendly practice. Our therapists have been specially trained and have experience working with these communities.
Disclaimer “Please note that all information on our website is intended to be of educational value only. No information presented on legal, medical, or mental health topics is or is intended to be legal, medical, or mental health advice, nor is it a substitute for advice of legal counsel, for evaluation or treatment, or for consultation with a qualified medical or mental health professional. Similarly, website links provided on this website are intended to provide access to information that may be of interest to our visitors. No information presented at any such sites is under the control of Harbor Hope. Nor does Harbor Hope know, much less control, the privacy practices at such sites. Both the content and the privacy practices at sites linked to or from Harbor Hope are subject to change at any time without notice to Harbor Hope. Providing a link to other sites does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed at those websites, nor verification of the accuracy, reliability, or functionality of those websites, nor an endorsement of the organizations creating or maintaining such sites.. Visit sites linked to or from the Harbor Hope site at your own risk.
EMERGENCIES - If you or your lived one is experiencing a crisis, or an emergency, or you think you or your loved one might be, do not use email or any “Contact us” function of this website. Do not call our office - we are a part-time practice and messages may not be checked daily. Instead, call 9-1-1 immediately.